- Making Science is a leading digital marketing and technology consulting firm which is listed in the Madrid Stock Exchange. We are currently expanding our operations internationally, and our offices are located in Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City, Bogota, Milan, London and Dublin. We are a company that specializes in providing comprehensive marketing and technological solutions for digital businesses. Our team is composed of more than 1000 digital professionals who have a wide knowledge in the different stages and disciplines of the digital transformation: Digital Strategy, Infrastructures, Software Development, Creativity and UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing and Big Data.
- Making Science is People Centric, and we actively bet on our employees! We believe that they are the key to any successful business, and therefore, our greatest asset. We strive to provide daily learning opportunities for those who work with us and their colleagues. It is also really important that they enjoy what they do, and have positive experiences. We want our employees to feel proud of their accomplishments, and that they belong to a company that is in constant growth, because each person’s contribution is essential to achieve our success.
Some details about your department
Work as part of a small team of highly skilled software engineers and software architects in a technically demanding high availability and business critical systems environment
Our Big Data solutions process billions of events per day, whilst our Mobile Data Authorisation, Accounting and Subscriptions management solution supports millions of concurrent user data sessions, and more than 30 millions Data Subscribers.
The software environment is 100% linux, mainly on-premise, but with some cloud based deployments as well, with most projects involving some level of integration with customer network elements and/or 3rd parties
We use a mix of Python, Java and C and a full array of databases; NOSQL, MPP SQL and Relational.
What we’d like you to do:
Working as the lead developer for a number of mission critical solutions supporting extremely large workloads.
Contributing to and/or designing both new software products and the evolution and improvement of existing solutions, and then implementing the required code.
Mentoring more junior members of the Software development team; be approachable and share your expertise.
Keeping up to date with relevant industry technologies; help to introduce new ideas and tech into the department.
Assist the team with performance tuning or stability challenges with existing production deployments.
Assist the team with any production issue troubleshooting.
Assisting the team to make sure that technical design documentation is kept up to date.
What we’d like you to bring:
As a Senior Java Engineer you must have a passion for high performance Software design and development.
The successful candidate will work closely with Software Architects and other software developers to design, code, test and document solutions for our most advanced projects.
This is a challenging but rewarding role in which you will be able to influence technical decisions, press for the use of the latest technologies, master code efficiency and make a real difference within the team and for your clients.
SUITABLE CANDIDATE MUST HAVES
- + 6 years of Java Programming Experience (Hibernate, Spring, Rest…) Bitbucket, Git, Gradle, Maven
- Good SQL
- Apache Tomcat
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Determined and Positive Attitud
- Excellent English Level
NICE TO HAVES
- C Programming Experience
- Python Knowledge
- Hadoop Knowledge (HDFS, HBASE, Impala, etc.)
- Docker / Docker-compose
- Bash Scripting
- Computer/ Telecommunications degree
- Telecoms Systems Experience
- Experience in a High Availability Environment on Critical Systems
Perks of joining us
- We give you complete stability with an indefinite job contract.
- We offer a fixed salary according to your worth and experience, plus a performance based bonus.
- Get the most out of your salary with our Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant Ticket, Transportation Ticket, Day Care Ticket, and Medical Insurance.
- Do you know someone that fits in Making Science? Refer him or her, and you can get a bonus if they’re hired!
- Feedback is part of our day to day lives. We recognize a job well done through a continuous feedback model.
- We care about a healthy work-life balance. You can count on having flexible working hours, an intensive work schedule during July and August, and one day a week where you can work from home.
- You will never stop learning with us: subsidized training, free language classes, learning capsules, an e-learning platform, and many more.
- Pack your bags! You’ll have 26 vacation days and the afternoons off on the eve of national holidays.
- Work comfortably and follow your own style, because we don’t have a dress code.
- We know how to have a good time! Monthly TGIF events, 5V, and much more!
- Never go hungry with our free daily fruit and our vending machine card!
- Take a break on our terrace, play foosball, darts, or PlayStation
- Be a part of a young, adventurous, and professional team, with people you’ll grow fond of!